I stuck to my southern roots and ordered the chicken and waffles, which obviously didn’t disappoint.
During the 3 day festival, we saw The Chainsmokers, Hippie Sabotage, Alison Wonderland, Fetty Wap, Leon Bridges, Miike Snow, and many more but my favorite performances of the weekend were definitely Hippie Sabotage and Fetty Wap.
I highly recommend any festival enthusiasts to add Hangout Fest to their festival bucket list, it won’t disappoint. But before you begin looking into 2017 tickets, here are five tips I would recommend for those who are considering:
1. Book your hotel, condo, Air bnb early if you want a short commute to the festival. They allow re-entry so you would be able to go back to eat, rest, and booze-up, or whatever your heart desires before seeing your favorite performers.
2. Don’t sweat it if you don’t get a place walking distance from the entrance, there are tons of places a mile or less where you can park if you arrive at a decent time and are skilled at maneuvering your vehicle.
In addition, there are beach houses surrounding the area, so owners will allow you to park on their driveway for $15-$30, but if you drive around you can find a nice little nook for nada.
3. Eat at a local restaurant before entering the festival. We did this all 3 days and it allowed us to try authentic southern and seafood dishes, plus, it kept us full while at the festival, which reduced the amount of money we spent.
The last day we ate at Gilbey’s Seafood and Steak in Orange Beach and it was soo good. I ordered the Alfredo with Chicken and Shrimp and definitely took advantage of their brunch deal which offers a complimentary mimosa. Each mimosa after is only $1, so naturally I had like 5.
4. A lot of people chose to wear open-toed shoes or go barefoot (gross), but I opted for lace-up high-top sneakers and found it way easier. I didn’t have to take them on and off, there was minimal sand in my shoes at the end of the day, and my little feet didn’t have to burn on the hot concrete and sand.
5. If you can afford it, go VIP. My friends and I were general admission, but I’ve been VIP to a music festival before and the perks were great. They come in handy especially for festivals during the summer heat.
Hangout Fest VIP offers shaded lounges, complimentary food and drinks, private bathrooms, swimming pools, and more. Check out this article for a full account of a Hangout Fest VIP experience.
Lastly, I created a stop motion of my Hangout Experience to get everyone pumped up for Hangout Fest 2017 (Watch in 1080). See you there?
(Yes, those were all photos!)
Let me know the best festival that you’ve been to in the comments.
Thanks for reading and stay hungry to learn, create and grow!