Another year is almost gone and that means I’m another year older. It’s crazy to think that I’m 25 now, because growing up 25 sounded like such an ancient age where you have everything figured out. The reality of it is, I’m all over the place and still get mistaken for a 16 year old, so it’s true that age is nothing but a number.
As humans, we’re constantly moving forward and barely give ourselves time to reflect on our accomplishments and social media can make it easy to down play our own achievements when we’re constantly exposed to people doing better than us.
It’s always good to self reflect and emphasize on the positive things we’ve done, so instead of doing the usually *insert the age you’re turning* things I’ve learned post, I’ve switched it up and am rehashing my 25 biggest accomplishments in my 25 years of life.
After writing this list, I surprised myself with how much I’ve been able to do and see and can only see things going up from here. It truly is a blessing to have been given 25 years and hopefully will get 25+ more!
This list isn’t in any particular order and I challenge you to create a list of your accomplishments for your next birthday.
My 25 Biggest Accomplishments
1. Running for senior class president against 3 opponents and winning
2. Graduating from high school and university
3. Traveling to 22 states
4. Road tripping from Texas to California and back by myself
5. Starting a blog and continuously creating content
6. Still being friends with my people I’ve known in elementary and middle school
7. Getting to meet and drive Kendrick Lamar
8. Shooting street style at New York Fashion Week
9. Moving across the world from Texas to Australia
10. Getting into a post-grad program for digital media
11. Traveling to Italy, Greece, Iceland, Copenhagen, and Barcelona with my friends
12. Becoming a freelance photographer
13. Going to Pitchfork, Hangout, ACL, Coachella, Bonnaroo, Bumbershoot and Day for Night
14. Being comfortable hanging out by myself
15. Moving from Texas to Iowa where I didn’t know anyone for university and making a bunch of life long friends and memories
16. Giving a speech at my high school graduation
17. Getting a position on the Student Union Board at my university
18. Driving and visiting Colorado for the first time with one of my oldest friends
19. Winning a scholarship for school
20. Receiving my bronze award when I was a Girl Scouts
21. Seeing the Seven Magic Mountains and still miraculously making my flight
22. Having a poem published when I was younger
23. Building my photography and videography portfolio
24. Getting my first brand collaboration
25. Making it to see 25 years
Not going to lie, but it was kind of a challenge to remember everything that I have done in my life and trying to decide what felt significant enough for me to deem an accomplishment. I plan on making another list in 5 years to discover what else I’ve achieved and it will be interesting to see if my definition of what an accomplishment means to me has changed.
What is one of your biggest accomplishments? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading and stay hungry to learn, create and grow!