I know I haven’t posted in a while and here is why: I was a slave to dead week and spent all my time studying and then slowly broke the shackles during finals week.
Once that was all over, my friends and I spend two nights celebrating the end of the fall semester. Now I’m home and just enjoying spending time with my family and friends whom I haven’t in about 5 months. It’s been nice to just chill and not have any obligations so I’m appreciating it before I have to go back to school.
As New Years is approaching, I’m doing as humans do during this time of year and reflecting on my experiences this past year. Overall I would say that 2014 was such an important year of personal growth for me.
I’ve never been big on New Years resolutions because I know better than to lie to myself, so instead I created a list of things I want to start, stop, or continue in 2015. I feel that it’s a less stressful way of arranging your goals. I’ve decided to share my top 5 from each category, in hopes that it inspires you to make your own list.
1. Picking at the skin of my fingers
2. Spending money on things I don’t need
3. Making excuses for myself and other people
4. Being selfish
5. Comparing my chapter 1 to other peoples’ chapter 20
1. Taking more risks
2. Meditating and stretching daily
3. Writing consistently in my journal
4. Asking more questions
5. Creating more
1. Making new friends
2. Taking care of my body mentally and physically
3. Updating my blog
4. Staying busy while I’m at school
5. Writing everything down in my planner to stay organized
Thanks for reading and stay hungry to learn, create and grow!